Capture One is a popular photo editing software and uses files ending in .costyle.
Here's how to install and use your H&V Presets in Capture One.
Step 1: Download & Unzip Your Preset Files
Because these are large files, they're "zipped" to minimize the file size and allow you to download them as efficiently as possible.
"Unzipping" the zip file unlocks all of the individual presets.
To edit on your PC Computer, download the files labelled "Capture One Style." Simply right-click on the zipped folder and choose "Extract All" from the options menu.
To edit on your Mac Computer, download the files labelled "Capture One Style." Simply double-click the file, and Mac's unzipping utility does the rest.
Step 2: Install Your Presets in Capture One
You might see a reference to "styles" as you work with Capture One. To import your presets, it's a little different.
We'll be installing them into the folder where Capture One looks for presets.
NOTE: If you prefer to have your presets available under each tool in Capture One, then you need to follow the structure that Capture One expects. I.e. Lens Correction presets should be placed in a folder called “Lens Correction”.
If you are using a Mac:
- Quit Capture One Pro.
- Find the folder with Capture One presets that you wish to install.
- Select the folder and press CMD+C to copy it.
- Navigate to this folder, where Capture One expects to find presets. Open a Finder window and choose the menuGo > Go To Folder and type in the following path into the dialog, and click Go:
~/Library/Application Support/Capture One/
- Next, locate and open the subfolder “Presets60”. (If it doesn’t exist, you can just create it).
- Finally, paste the folder containing the Capture One presets, by using CMD+V.
Note, that the folder structure you create under the “Presets60” folder, will be the one that you will see in Capture one when you want to use presets in the Styles & Presets tool.
- Relaunch Capture One and test if you can see the folder you just copied.
If you a using a Windows, follow these instructions:
- Quit Capture One Pro.
- Open Windows Explorer and locate the folder containing the Capture One preset you want to install.
- Copy the folder by pressing CTRL+C.
- Now find the below folder path on your PC:
- Like in the instructions for Mac, if you don’t have the “Presets60” folder, you should create it.
- Open the Presets60 folder and paste the presets into this folder.
If you want to subdivide the presets further, you can also create a folder for Lens Correction presets and one for Grain presets, or Curves presets. Whatever structure you create here, is the one you will see, whenever you apply presets using Capture One.
- Launch Capture One and check if the presets are placed correctly under User Presets in the Styles & Presets tool.
Step 4: Transform Your Photos in 1-Click
Now for the FUN part... playing with your presets on your photos!
NOTE: Our presets will not change your exposure or white balance since those settings can vary with each image. We encourage you to make those adjustments as necessary before or after choosing your preset.
Enjoy, and thank you again for your purchase. We can't wait to see your creativity come to life!
The Team @ Hypenvibe